The Middlebury Chamber Music Festival returns for its fifth year in Middlebury, Vermont from June 28-30, 2019.
This year’s festival will be an intimate quartet workshop for adult amateur string players and pianists taught by visiting artists, Miho Zaitsu (cello), Jonathan Weber (violin and viola), Marc Ramirez (violin and viola) and Olivia Hajioff (violin and viola).
The festival hosts will be the Middlebury Community Music Center (mcmcvt.org) and the Middlebury Congregational Church, located across the street from the music center.
Workshop participants will be placed in two chamber music groups and assigned a movement of a quartet to practice in advance then polish over the weekend with the guidance of a coach. There will be two opportunities to sightread with our coaches, on Friday evening we will all gather to read chamber orchestra repertoire and then on Saturday afternoon in small ensembles. Our coaches will offer an intimate open rehearsal performance for participants and their friends and families on Saturday evening.
Below is the detailed schedule.
Friday, June 28, 2019
- 4 – 6 PM Welcome and chamber orchestra reading at Unity Hall (part of the Congregational Church), 2 Main St, Middlebury, VT 05753
- Coaches and workshop participants sight read Baroque and Classical chamber orchestra pieces. Jon Weber Conducts.
Saturday, June 29
- 9 – 11 AM – Group A Coached Rehearsal at MCMC, 6 Main Street, Middlebury, VT 05753
- 12:30 – 2:30 PM – Group B Coached Rehearsal at MCMC
- 2:30 – 4:00 PM Sightreading Sessions at MCMC (Participants will sightread chamber music with coaches)
- 7:30PM Chamber Music Concert featuring our coaches at Unity Hall (for workshop participants and their families)
Sunday, June 30
- 10 – 12 AM Group A Coached Rehearsal at MCMC
- 1 – 3 PM – Group B Coached Rehearsal at MCMC
- 5 PM – Workshop Participant Concert at Unity Hall (open to workshop participants and their families)