The first ever MCMC Memorial Day Chamber Music Festival is upon us! Concerts, workshops, and community events comprise our festival. We have an outstanding guest faculty ready to coach us to high standard with reasonable expectaions!
- Miho Zaitsu (cello)
- Jonathan Weber (violin and viola)
- Marc Ramirez (violin and viola)
- Olivia Hajioff (violin and viola)
Below is the schedule and links to music parts for the coached groups. Area musicians and the curious: you are very welcome to come observe coaching and sight-reading sessions, play at the Friday evening party and attend the concert on Sunday evening!
Friday, May 27, 2016
Private lessons with coaches will be available on Friday morning and early afternoon! Lessons are $60 for an hour long lesson paid directly to the coach.
5:30 PM Informal Sight Reading Party at Twig Farm in Cornwall, VT. Set up your pot luck items at 5:30 and meet and greet. The baton will rise at 5:45. We will break for water or byob cocktails at 6:45. Dinner will start at 7!
Address for your GPS: 2575 South Bingham Street, West Cornwall, VT 05778. Phone contact: (802) 462-3363. The dog’s name is Betty — she will be in her crate upstairs during the party. The goats all have names, but they won’t be in the house.
Hosts, guests, children, family and friends are very welcome to come along and enjoy the party and music! Please Park in the driveway or along the road. Bring a music stand and something to drink and a side or dessert to share along with the ingredients listed on an index card! If you bring a salad, please serve the dressing separately as we have a few guests with dietary restrictions. We will have cups, napkins, silverware, hot water, coffee, tea, cheese, rice and bbq’d sausages on offer.
Here are parts for the 3rd Bach Brandenburg! We will sightread a few other things too! Jon Weber will conduct!
- brandenburg3_violin1 (Emily, Jerry, Amy, Olya)
- Brandenburg3_violin2 (Ping, Carol,Kathryn, Adam)
- Brandenburg3_violin3 (Celia, Sandra, Helen, Eliana)
- brandenburg3_viola1 (Katie, Marc)
- brandenburg3_viola2 (Joy)
- brandenburg3_viola3 (Sam, Olivia)
- Brandenburg3_cello1 (Christian, Mark)
- brandenburg3_cello2 (Tom, Enrique)
- brandenburg3_cello3 (Mellen, Anna, Miho)
- brandenburg3_harpsichord (Dorothy and Becky 1st movement (switching), Diana 2nd (ha) and 3rd movement)
Saturday, May 28, 2016
9:00 AM Gathering at MCMC
9:30 – 11:30 Group 1 Coaching
12 – 12:45 Picnic Lunch (bring a bag lunch)
11:30 – 12:45 Lunch break
1:00-2:00 Alexander Technique Workshop with Barbara Kent in Salon Rear
2:30 – 4:30 Group 2 Coaching
4:30 – 6:00 Sightreading at MCMC
- Shostakovich Piano Quintet in the Salon
- Bach Chorals — singing! in Allemande
- Mozart and Haydn string quartets in Minuet
- Sonatas and solo pieces with piano in the Parlor
6:30 Banquette at American Flatbread Restaurant (Flatbread and Salads / purchase your own drinks at the bar)
Sunday, May 29, 2016
9:00 AM Yoga with Iyengar instructor James Papiano at Otter Creek Yoga
10:30 – Noon Group 2 Coaching
Noon – 1:00 Lunch break
1:00 Improv Workshop led by Jon Weber in Salon
2:30 – 4:00 Group 1 Coaching
4:00 – 5:30 Sight-reading at MCMC Doubling ok! / Faculty rehearsal at Saint Stephen’s
- Piano Quartets in the Salon
- Early Music in the Parlor
- String Quartets in Minuet
- Bach Chorals — singing! in Allemande
5:30 Set up the Salon for our concerts!
6:00 Concert by Workshop Faculty at MCMC — tickets to this concerts are free for participants and hosts of participants and $25 for the public. Proceeds will benefit programming and scholarships at MCMC.
Faculty Concert Program:
- Dvorak Quartet “American”, Allegro
- Ravel Sonata for violin and cello
- Haydn Quartet in Bb Major op. 50, no. 1, Adagio
- Bartok Duos for Two Violins
- Brahms Quartet in A Minor, Finale
7:30 Dinner at India House Restaurant (fixed menu / purchase your own drinks)
Monday, May 30, 2016
9:00 Bagels, Performance Roundtable Discussion, Performance Sound Checks and Parade Watching
11:00 Concert by Workshop Participants at MCMC
Chamber Music Groups and Parts
Group 1 Parts:
- Schumann Piano Quintet I. Allegro brillante. Coached by Jon Weber in the Salon. (Emily, Carol H, Joy, Tom D, Becky) http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Quintet,_Op.44_(Schumann,_Robert)
- Mozart Piano Quartet in Eb III. Allegretto. Coached by Marc Ramirez in the Parlor. (Jerry, Katie, Christian, Diana)(http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Quartet_in_E-flat_major,_K.493_%28Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus%29)
- Dvorak Bagatelles I. Allegretto scherzando. Coached by Olivia Hajioff in Sarabande. (Ping, Helen, Anna, Dorothy)
- Pleyel Quartettino in E Minor I. Moderato. Coached by Miho Zaitsu in Minuet. (Celia, Sandra, Enrique, Mellen, Mark)
Group 2 Parts
- Schubert Cello Quintet in C major Opus 163 I. Allegro ma non troppo. Coached by Miho Zaitsu in Minuet / NE 2nd Floor Studio. (Emily, Ping, Katie, Christian, Enrique)(http://imslp.org/wiki/String_Quintet,_D.956_%28Schubert,_Franz%29)
- Mozart Piano Quartet in G Minor I. Allegro. Coached by Olivia Hajioff in Salon. (Jerry, Joy, Tom, Becky)(http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Quartet_in_G_minor,_K.478_%28Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus%29)
- François Couperin L’Apothéose de Lully Coached by Marc Ramirez in Parlor(Carol, Helen, Anna, Mellen, Dorothy)
- C.P.E. Bach Sonata in F Major I. Allegro moderato. Coached by Jon Weber in Sarabande. (Celia, Sandra, Mark, Diana)(http://imslp.eu/Files/imglnks/euimg/a/ac/IMSLP266501-PMLP431735-KPE_Bach_2_Sonaten_all_pages_optimized.pdf)