This week at group we are going to play some Suzuki tunes and student composed music! Parents if you play an instrument, please bring it along as you can play too this time! Below is the plan:
- Tuning (if you can, please arrive a few minutes early!) Please find a spot for your violin on the piano or in your case after your instrument has been tuned.
- Yoga warm up
- Twinkle Variation A with a partner exercise.
- Twinkle Variation A with piano and a student leading. (Play on open E if you don’t know all the notes yet!)
- Sight-reading – We will sight read parts of a piece fellow student John Jennings has composed!
- Ensemble play – Old King Cole by John Jennings
- Lightly Row
- Perpetual Motion
- Ensemble play – Twinkle Theme and May Song
Below is a pdf copy of John’s piece! New sight-readers of the d string will play the bottom line. Parents and experienced players can choose to play any one of the lines. Students not yet sight reading on the d string will compose an open e and a string rhythm section.
Old King Cole (update to violin d string part on 3/20/15)
The next group class will be held on April 11th at 11:30.